I have some frequent commenters here and folks who respond to my posts via Twitter, so I'm aware of a handful of people who read this crap regularly. I can see where my readers are via Sitemeter (and I'm absolutely thrilled that I'm getting traffic from all over the world...such a cool feeling), but that doesn't give me any idea as to who the readers actually are.
I wonder, for example:
- How many of my guildies read my blog. I'm aware of a few, but how many others?
- Does anybody from Bloodhoof who is not in my guild read this? If so, have I pugged with you and done something completely n00bish?
- Some celebrities are admitted WoWers. I wonder if they've stopped by.
- Maybe a Blizzard employee or two? (If so, can you guys hook us tanks up with a target dummy that hits back?)
- Anybody from the Monster Energy Drink company? (I drink like a gallon of it a day, guys...endorsement?)
Nobody in-game has ever told me out of the blue that they read my blog, but I find myself thinking about it when we pick up a new guildie or when we have a pugged DPSer or something. Is somebody coming in expecting something when they see they're in a group with me based on what they've read here? Am I meeting those expectations or is playing with me not what they thought it would be...for better or worse?
What about you other bloggers? Any good "hey, I read your blog" stories you'd like to share?