Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Crap I Did Last Night

Now that title represents blogging at its finest.

Actually, last night was quite a busy one. I logged in later than I usually do after working late and then walking our new American Bulldog puppy, Delilah. We've had her for several weeks, and she's almost 4 months old. 30-something pounds of determination and she's going to get up to about 100-120 lbs. Gonna be a whole lot of dog.

But, anyway, here's the WoW stuff:
  • Did three Heroics: CoS (reg daily), VH, and Oculus (heroic daily).
    • CoS: Grabbed some nukers and made it a drake run. Cleared it with about 3 or 4 minutes to spare and, since everybody else had one, I got the drake. That made me happy.
    • VH: Ran this one because it was...well...right there after we turned in the regular daily. Nothing terribly notable, except Vel, one of our 1337 Shammies, got enough emblems for the upgrade he was after, so he grabbed it before we hit Oculus.
    • Oculus: A couple of pulls in, I hit exalted with the Knights of the Ebon Blade and got the achievement for that as well as the Northrend Vanguard achievement. I also learned why everybody hates Oculus. Wiped a couple of times on the last boss, but finally managed to make it happen. It'll be smoother next time.
  • The emblems I managed to pick up allowed me to get my glove upgrade. Now I've gotta figure out what to aim for next as far as Conquest, Valor, and/or Triumph emblem purchases go.
  • And finally, I did my fishing daily before I logged off, turned it in, and got the Battered Jungle Hat. After running around a bit in it, I had an idea. With the hat on, I equipped my defense trinket and took a look at my stats. Aside from the huge armor ding I take without my headpiece, my stats aren't that bad. I opened Outfitter and saved the outfit under the name "Pimp."
Sometime in the near future, I'm going to grab some guildies who are as crazy as me, flip over to the Pimp outfit, and do a Pimp Run in one of the easier heroics.

If it happens, you'll read about it here. I'll take screenshots.

5 comments:

koalabear said...

I still think you need to get an ENTIRE pimp outfit, complete with cane and robe, THEN do a pimp run.

I'd heal your ass through that. :D

Misneach said...

LOL. I've actually gotten the cane a bunch of times but always vendored it. I suppose next time I get it I'll have a reason to hold on to it now that I've got the hat.

koalabear said...

I will look through my tailoring stuff to see what robe would look best for you to pimp yourself out with

@valkyrierisen said...

Wait, wait, wait. "It will be smoother next time." You are saint-like. That or you need to feel the true pain of an Occulus pug. These words will never cross your lips again in regards to that particular heroic. ;)

Misneach said...

And that's why I don't pug unless I absolutely have to :)

At least it makes sense now. I hate going into an instance not knowing what's going on.