Monday, August 31, 2009

Catching Up

Big, big weekend for EoF.

Friday night, Cheesi and I had to run the Baby Tank to the hospital. Due to her hydrocephalus (common with spina bifida) she has a shunt that drains the excess cerebrospinal fluid from her skull to her abdominal cavity where it's reabsorbed into the body. We've been blessed so far, but shunts do malfunction and get infected.

So, anytime BT spikes a fever and we're not sure what's causing it, we have to go to the ER. They ruled out shunt problems, strep, and a urinary tract infection (common because she's catheterized) and sent us home assuming it was likely a simple virus. She's doing much, much better now.

While Cheesi and I sat in the hospital, Echo of Fate ran into OS and took down Sarth with 1 drake up. They then knocked out both bosses in VoA.

Saturday night, we flew through the Arachnid and Construct Quarters of Naxx. Sunday, we went back in and cleared Military and dropped Noth. Really, the only fight we had a problem with, aside from one wipe on Grobbulus due to a little miscue, was the Four Horsemen. We banged our heads up a against that one for a while until we could get the best strategy for our group and coordinate it properly. If my memory isn't failing me, I believe we one shot everything except those two fights.

We extended the raid lockout on Naxx to knock out the other four bosses this upcoming week. I really want to get to Sapphiron and start handing out EoE keys to as many people as possible so we can get that one off the progression chart and then start farming it without having to worry if we've got a keyed person online.

We have a number of people who are geared for at least Ulduar 10, so I think, as long as we stay diligent and keep up our momentum, we may just start to catch up to the rest of the field as far as the 10-mans go.

11 comments:

koalabear said...

You are correct, we one-shot everything except for those two fights. I am thrilled with everything we were able to do. I really think the later times are going to be what works for us.

Get ready for next weekend >.<

I think I am going to leave Sunday raid free. I don't think I can handle that many raids all at once again. We dont want to burn ourselves out just as we get going.

I got Tatia her new necklace from the EoC last night and now she is ready for Uld 10.

I need 12 more EoT to get the T9 shoulders and then I am good with upgrades for her until we start running Uld.

One of these days I will be able to get back on Millea and get her all the stuff she needs. Poor poor neglected lock.

Misneach said...

I never thought you'd switch over to Tatia, but we've needed the healer and for that, I thank you.

Cheesi and I were talking about raid times last night, and how three nights in a row over the weekend is not conducive to having much of a life :). Maybe we could take Saturday off and leave Sunday like it is.

Probably a good question for the guild forums.

koalabear said...

Well since we already set up the raid for Saturday this weekend, I'd like to keep it there. Especially since Monday is Labor Day and a lot of people have that off.

If it is too much of a problem I will contact the people out of the guild who came with us and let them know it was changed to Sunday instead of Saturday.

Misneach said...

Eh, just leave it. Or post something in the forums and see what people want to do.

koalabear said...

I posted on the forums, along with a POLL!!! :D

Now if people ACTUALLY go on the website then we would be in business. :D

Jederus said...

Yikes… Screw the WoW stuff. You just take care of that beautiful baby tank man!

Misneach said...

@Jederus: Saturday morning she still had a low-grade fever but was perky and doing much better. My wife, on the other hand, seemed to have picked up the bug.

The Baby Tank is a tough little chick. That's why I call her that :) It'll take more than a little virus to take her out.

koalabear said...

@Jederus - He takes great care of her.

It was so cute. He had to leave really quick between boss attempts and Cheesi came on vent to tell us that the babk tank needed daddy to sing her to sleep.

We all did a collective "Awwww"

Misneach said...

Yeah, bedtime is not official without "Twinkle, Twinkle."

Jederus said...

LOL, well add my 'Awwww' to the list than. Just don't tell my Wall St. brethren that I have a heart or I'll get thrown out of the business ;P

Misneach said...

@Jederus: Your secret is safe with me :)